RockYou FXText

Thursday, January 3, 2008

My First Day

"Whoever does not finish your work by now, you cannot step out from this classroom. I don't mind staying in this classroon with you today.."

It was the last period. I stood at the front door of the classroom. Every student was staring at me. Without hesitation, almost all of them took their pencils out and copy down the notes.

Well, I did not want to do this to them actually. But some of them were really irritating. There were 15 students in Year 4. I am their English teacher. I have known this school is what so-called "kampung school" long ago. Most of them do not go tuition class and their parents do not care about their studies so much. But..but..I can't believe that 5 of them do not know what the word " father" means! Some of the Malays cannot understand Chinese(Year 4 already!).There were 2 Malay boys who could not even sit properly and kept making noise. As today is the first day, so I did not want to scream at them. I asked them to stand up until the end of the class. They stood up, but walked around the class. ( I bought a cane today. TRY IT AGAIN tomorrow, I will make you very sorry..)

I like the Year 2 students. All of them are very cute. I teach Maths. They like to answer questions and active ( in a good way). I enjoyed a lot teaching them. Year 3 students were okay also. I was teaching them music. But the radio was not cooperative at all. It was jammed. You can imagine how panicked I was..

In conclusion, it is time for me to think about how to manage those naughty students. I cannot stand of the noise but I do not want to waste other students' time. Who can give me some suggestion...?